REQUIRED BMS SCHOLASTIC WAIVERS & PAPERWORK: DEADLINE 3/31
BMS REQUIRED PAPERWORK: Students interested in participating in sports must have a current Physical, RIPCOA Risk Form (completed only once during Middle School ), Parent Permission Form (completed online during registration), Concussion Awareness Form (completed online during registration), and Insurance Form complete before the first day of practice.
All forms are in the document library here: http://www3.barringtonschools.org/BMS/ath-org/sportsdocs/default.aspx or hard copies can be picked up in the main office.
1. Physical: An athletic physical completed by your physician on or after January 1 for Fall Sports, March 15 for Winter Sports, June 1 for Spring Sports. The form must be completely filled out, dated, and signed by your physician. The standard form provided by your physician is also acceptable as long as it is dated 6/1 or later. Download your Physical Form HERE.
2. RIPCOA Risk Form: All students in all grades must completely fill out 2 forms, and have each form notarized. This form should only need to be completed once in each athletes Middle School Athletic Career in Barrington. If you have completed the for a sport already, you can indicate this during registration and we will contact George Finn to confirm. Download the Risk form HERE
3. Acknowledgement and Parent Permission Form: Both student athlete and parent must sign the form online during registration (to be completed every season). This document is completed electronically. There is no form to submit.
4. Concussion Awareness Statement: All parents & players must Please read and sign the online document during registration each season as required by Rhode Island State Law. This document is completed electronically. There is no form to submit.
5. Insurance Form: All parents must sign and return this form EVEN IF YOU ARE DECLINING COVERAGE. You can access the form HERE:
ALL PAPERWORK MUST BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED BY MARCH 31ST.
Mail to EBLAX c/o 2 Indigo Road, Barrington, RI or bring to pre-season parent meeting tentatively scheduled for 3/23.
Mail to BMS BOYS LAX c/o A. CURRY 3 North Lane, Barrington, RI 02806