East Bay Bristol County Lacrosse Association
April 4, 2012
7:30 p.m., Rhode Island Country Club
In attendance: Peter Ramsden, John Gaffney, Julie Gaffney, Dee Walton, Brad Vaughan, Mel Bride, Erica Faulkner, Mike Curry, Nina Robertson
The meeting was called to order at 7:35 p.m.
Approval of Minutes from March meeting
John Gaffney made a motion to approve the minutes. Motion was seconded by Mike Curry and passed by a unanimous vote.
• List of coaches with all contact numbers on website for coaches to access in case we need back-up for practice and need to contact fellow coaches for help.
• List of girls’ and boys’ coaches reviewed for approval.
Mike Curry made a motion to approve the slate of coaches. Motion was seconded by Brad Vaughan and approved by a unanimous vote.
Treasurer’s Report - John Gaffney
• Tracking ahead of where we were last year at this time - running at a surplus which will help with any surprise expenses.
• Part of surplus to be used for a massive going away party for Mel Bride, no expenses spared - lobster, caviar, raw bar, champagne, tent overlooking the bay that she saved. Julie Gaffney to book entertainment - perhaps the cast from the Full Monty is available. Mike Curry to handle centerpieces; apparently he is a whiz with lilies.
• Very close to projected budget, although still need to collect registration fees from some families.
• Slight increase in cost for coaches’ bags since four bags were not returned last year.
• Brad Vaughan raised question of medical information in coaches’ bags - reminder for coaches to put roster and phone #s in bags for emergencies
• Review of BMS girls’ program - Ted Broomhead and Matt Hayes to fill in when need extra coach(es)
• Lily, Carson Colmore, Barb Nozaki, Trish MacGillivray filling out paperwork to be contracted.
• Refund policy reviewed, especially in light of number of boys dropping off competitive program at late date to join another team. As stands, if withdraw by 3/31 receive full refund except for $15.00. Peter Ramsden suggested moving date back to 3/1 so if drop out after that date, lose half registration fee. Will force kids to make more of a commitment.
Julie Gaffney made a motion to change registration commitment deadline to 3/1 and increase penalty to half of registration fee. John Gaffney seconded the motion and it was approved by a unanimous vote.
• Girls’ summer tournament schedule revisited - no 7/8 tournament team. Will offer 5/6 team. Need to announce formation of team, pick tryout dates, finalize tournaments, figure out costs. Will probably be coordinated by Ted Broomhead.
• Boys’ 5/6 and 7/8 tournament teams have been invited to Harvard to play on Saturday, May 12th and watch Cannons game. Need to buy 75 tickets per team. Great way to get publicity for our program.
• PCA coaching workshops discussed - great turnout by coaches and players.
Peter Ramsden made a motion to adjourn, Nina Robertson seconded the motion, and after a unanimous vote, the meeting was adjourned at 8:55 p.m.
The next meeting is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, May 8, 2012 at Barrington Public Library.
EBBCLA Secretary, 2012