East Bay Bristol County Lacrosse Association is a developmental lacrosse program for boys and girls in the East Bay area of Rhode Island and Massachusetts. We serve: Barrington, Bristol, Warren, Swansea, Somerset and Rehoboth.
East Bay Bristol County Lacrosse Association Meeting Minutes June 27th, 2011
7pm, Barrington Public Library, Barrington
In attendance: Matt Hayes, Peter Ramsden, Michael Curry, Michael Payton, John Gaffney, Molly Lacerte, Dee Walton Absent: Ted Broomhead
The meeting was called to order at 7:10 pm
Approval of Last Meeting Minutes
Michael Curry made a motion to approve the May 19th meeting minutes. The motion was seconded by John Gaffney and passed by a unanimous vote.
Treasurer’s Report – John Gaffney
· Cash is strong
· Revenue and Expenses are right on budget
· A profit and loss statement for January through May 2011 was distributed showing that overall activity is comparable to last year with a few notable differences
o Temporary help expense was significantly lower this year without a paid boys’ Coaching Director and very little time billed for the girls’ Coaching Director
o Field Usage fees were greater this year reflecting the increased used of Sherwood
o The advertising expense for this year was significantly lower than last year
· June expenses were not included in the report. That includes expenses for the Jamboree.
Peter Ramsden made a motion to approve the Treasurer’s Report. The motion was seconded by Michael Payton and passed by a unanimous vote.
RIYLL Update – Peter Ramsden
· There still has not been a meeting and to date there is not a meeting scheduled.
· Discussion following regarding the frustration with the scheduling this season and proposals to address it with RIYLL.
· Consensus to distribute a survey to the EBBCLA families to get a sense of the impact the RIYLL scheduling had on our players’ and parents’ experience this season.
· A letter from Matt will follow addressing the role RIYLL had in the scheduling challenges and the lack of control EBBCLA had over it despite our best efforts.
BMS Lacrosse Program – Matt Hayes
· A letter has been sent to the BMS Lax Board proposing a combination of efforts. There has been no response to date.
· There was uncertainty if the BMS Board has had a meeting since the letter was submitted.
· Ted Broomhead has followed up with Mel Bride offering assistance with certain administrative tasks.
Survey of Parents – Matt Hayes
· Use same service as last year – Survey Monkey
· Will review last year’s survey and update as required
· Get the survey out ASAP while memories are fresh
Coach’s Appreciation – Michael Curry
· Young coaches in particular are very enthusiastic. We want to foster that by showing appreciation to their dedication
· Consensus that jackets for coaches will be presented at an appreciation event – TBD but tentatively for August 11th at Trafford’s in Warren.
· Discussion about alternatives for coaches who already have jackets
Nominating Committee – Matt Hayes
· We need coaches to volunteer to serve on this year Nominating Committee
· Matt will send out an email soliciting for volunteers
Coaches Trailing/Development – Dee Walton
· Investigating a US Lacrosse Level II Clinic in our area so Level I coaches can further develop
· Discussing a partnership with Positive Coaching Alliance for workshops to educate coaches, players, and parents on positive coaching techniques – Will address further in the fall
EBBCLA Administrative Position Discussion – Matt Hayes
· Discussion on the recent growth of the administrative position for the league
· Peter Ramsden and Matt Hayes will review with Dee Walton and make recommendations for any changes in job description or compensation for the position
Michael Payton made a motion to adjourn the meeting. The motion was seconded by Peter Ramsden and after a unanimous vote, the meeting was adjourned at 8:50pm.